You are here
Council and CDWG
The Council is one of the foundation’s governing institutions with supervisory and advisory functions.
On 13 December 2004, a meeting of LJTC stakeholders made the decision to transform BO SIA LTMC into the Foundation "Latvian Judicial Training Centre". These changes were registered in the Register of Associations and Foundations on 11 January 2005.
Current members of the LJTC Council:
- Judges - Andris Guļāns (Supreme Court), Iveta Andžāne (Latvian judiciary association).
- Founding representatives - Ieva Rācenāja (RGSL), Egita Prāma (The Foundation DOTS).
- Executive representatives - Inese Kalniņa (Court Administration), Raivis Kronbergs (Ministry of Justice).
In accordance with the articles of association, the Curriculum development working group (CDWG) is an advisory body, whose composition is reviewed and approved annually before the development of the new programme by the LJTC Council.
Current CDWG composition
- Criminal law sub-group - Nora Magone, legal research counsel to the Department of Criminal Cases of the Supreme Court, Juris Siliņš, Judge of Zemgale Regional Court and the President of the Latvian Judicial Association, Juris Stukāns, Judge of Riga regional court and the Chair of the Judicial Panel of Criminal Cases, Inga Zālīte, Deputy-chair of the Zemgale Regional Court.
- Civil law sub-group - Ieva Bāliņa, Judge of Riga District Court (Riga), Līga Blūmiņa, Judge of Riga regional court and the Chair of the Judicial Panel of Civil Cases, Inguna Helmane, Judge of Riga Vidzeme District Court, Aigars Strupišs, Chair of the Civil Law Chamber of the Supreme Court.
- Administrative law sub-group - Ilze Freimane, Chair of the Administrative District Court, Veronika Krūmiņa, Chairperson of the Administrative Law Chamber of the Supreme Court, Māris Vīgants, Chair of Administrative regional court, Ieva Višķere, Judge of the Regional Administrative Court, Acting judge of the Supreme Court.